Sunday, August 20, 2006

Cleaning

It is amazing what one acquires over the course of one's lifetime. How you forget that you own things, or that you once saved up weeks worth of paychecks for a device that now is collecting dust. Or perhaps a CD that is now digitally collecting dust on the old laptop that is collecting dust. When I look at everything I own I am kind of glad that it would all fit into a small room. Then again there are a lot of things that I just don't need any more. You also become aware of exactly how many stuffed animals you have. Or like right now how many cables to electronics devices that you save just in case. While there is some very cool things about sorting through all your earthly possessions, it also makes you feel like your life is a little messed up. Why haven't I used this cable with three prongs on one side and none of the other? Why is the fat cat plush toy sitting in a box? Why haven't I pulled out all my books to re-discover them? Is there something wrong with me that I do not fancy the music I once saved all my money to buy? Perhaps it is just my fickleness, I often feel I am amused by one thing only to be distracted by another, the never stable gypsy who wonders around the country not really on any quest. Perhaps Jung is getting to me and I am finding meaning in things that do not have it. The world is a curious place, thank goodness for monkeys.

Quote: If youth is the season of hope, it is often so only in the sense that our elders are hopeful about us; for no age is so apt as youth to think its emotions, partings, and resovles are the last of their kind.-- George Eliot- Middlemarch

1 Comments:

Blogger Nakiru said...

mm, i love middlemarch. depressing, but so good.
all my stuff would no longer fit in a small room. or really, in a large room. course, i don't need a gymnasium yet, but i'm sure i'm getting there. loves!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home