Sunday, August 27, 2006

Beautiful Night

Tonight was wonderful though there is not a star in the sky, and I cried half the way home from Madison. It was a good cry, while swing life away was playing on my radio, then as several other songs played and I must admit I skipped to the songs that prolonged the tears. I am very happy to be driving by myself for the first hour and a half on the trip to Florida, because there will be much crying once I leave the state. I have never been good at good-byes. I make the worst out of the day when in reality it was one of the best days I have had in a long time. Mostly just because I had a strong feeling to just have fun all day and I did. I really can't remember when was the last time I thought I would have fun and did. Usually it just happens or if I think I will have fun then something negative that I never could have imaged happens. But none of that today. I started out with good music in the car and ending with good music on the way back. I got to go to places I have never been before, the Pancake house, ( there chocolate chip pancakes are like eating hot chocolate pancakes!) The Zoo which is free in Madison and has monkeys!!!!! and a badger which we called Bucky and were singing On Wisconsin to. Then we went to pick out movies, She's a Man (my pick) Fantasic 4 (greg's pick) and Nanny McPhee (anna's pick). After all the walking at the Zoo and Blockbuster we need to revive ourselves with Ben and Jerry's ice cream, Coffee buzz milkshake mmmmmm. Then back to the apartment to watch all three videos and eat pizza, salad and poppers. Going to Florida is scaring me more and more as I get ready to leave. Being so far away from friends doing a job I have never really done. Hurricane season with a possibility of flying alligators. Not to mention the huge realization that I am not returning to school and indeed have to behave somewhat like a grown up. That all my books will not be only a hours drive from where I live. That I do not have people I can just randomly show up at their house and they must take me in. I need to stop this list I am freaking myself out and there is no need to after such a nice day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nakiru said...

hey, i love you.
sorry i haven't been around.
busy busy busy.
you are going to be fine in florida. we LOVE YOU!!! and we'll hope to still get random phone calls from you.
you are my monkey's hero.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home