Saturday, September 02, 2006

The madness of driving

We have internet! so here is a blog I typed on the drive, will post pictures of apartment soon!

Insomnia, usually somewhat of a pest actually turned out to be pretty useful when driving through Georgia in the middle of the night. My Dad was tired so I got behind the wheel after taking a two-hour nap. Now Georgia might be a very beautiful state but at night it all looks the same. Though sometimes when you are coming into a large city the lights reflect on the clouds like the dawn and you have to double-check the time. Also many of you may not be aware that in Georgia there is a county called Butts. Yes, Butts and you would be right in assuming that I started laughing when I saw this. Then I started laughing again at the fact that I am so childish to laugh at the word Butt. Then I started to bring up all kind of questions. Were the people of Butts ashamed of their county’s name; was it the Butt of all jokes? Do newscaster giggle when they announce a storm heading to Butts county? Or maybe the people of Butts are extremely mellow and roll with the punches, so even when asked is that one T or two they would proudly state with a hand on the hip two T’s because we are terrific! So many questions, it makes me wonder if I could even have the strength of being to live in Butts County. That is not the only thing I notice on the road, there also seems to be a lot of Waffle House restaurants. Seriously in Georgia there was one at every food exit. I believe it is some sort of conspiracy to take over Georgia. Think about it if they control all the exits they would just need to block them and then when the National Guard comes in they wouldn’t be able to get off until they were out of the state. Perhaps this is the lack of sufficient sleep talking but I like to believe otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home