Sunday, November 19, 2006

Internet!

Oh how I missed the interweb. A lot has happen over the past week. Last week was the two year mark of well a very difficult year. Nine people died, hearts were broken, the world shifted and there was a general sense of being lost and being overcome by events. Then there are the little things that I kind of forgot even happened like the accident Rachel I witnessed that pop up. On this week I like to do two things one call Coral and Rachel and two go somewhere and have some personal time. So this weekend I went camping by myself at Myakka River State Park. It was quite a lovely trip. The park is beautiful. I only went hiking on a couple of trails but I really want to save up for a bike and start biking again. They have a Canopy trail that is actually part of an on going research project. It is quite wonderful and you can look down on the trees and also look right through the canopy on the walkway between the two towers. This was my Friday night, then I ate dinner and read under the stars. I regret to say I was sleepy and fell asleep before the meteor showers peak. (But a group of us went out on Saturday after the Arts Event) Still seeing all the stars was enough. I would like to go back again. I found that the spanish moss reminds me of snow. Also I saw wild pigs (or hogs) Some deer, tons of birds including a bald eagle. A couple of alligators but I elected not to get to close to them. I find it weird to see the alligators then to see people putting their Kayaks in the water only ten feet away. Weird. Here are some pictures!




1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hooray for Internet for Maria!

Hey, if you have to keep moving a bike from place to place when jobs change, have you thought about renting one for a day or two when you need it?

Kayaking with the alligators? Eeeuuuwwwwhhhh.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home